The world’s first 4/3-type large format 4K/60p camcorder to feature an integrated zoom lens. The AG-DVX200 is the first in a new generation of large sensor, multi-format Panasonic professional camcorders capable of capturing 4K/UHD, HD and SD, including cinematic DCI 4K 4096 x 2160. Designed from the ground up as a large format camera system, the DVX200 provides the all-important aesthetic of shallow depth of field / selective focus, combined with an integrated 13x zoom for easy control over image framing as well as the ability to track your subject even in fast action.
The DVX200 works "out of the box" with an integrated lens, viewfinder and included battery (just add optional SDHC/SDXC UHS-3 cards). This large format 4/3" camcorder offers exceptional image quality in all modes, as well as unique workflow options - including a dual codec workflow borrowed from the renowned VariCam 35 cinema production camera. Whether for cinematic or television production, sports, news acquisition or event acquisition, the DVX200 offers the perfect blend of quality, convenience, and workflow.
The AG-DVX200 captures high quality video in cinematic DCI 4K 4096 x 2160 at 24p, UHD 4K 3840 x 2160 (60p / 30p / 24p), FHD (including 120 fps and 24p), as well as SD. The DVX200 has a place in cinema style and reality TV 24p production, allowing Variable Frame Rate and higher speeds for special effects, and a native 60 frames per second record mode to satisfy the recent demand of 60p UHD television production. When used in HD, its 120 fps high-speed capability is ideal for slow-motion capture of sports or dramatic action sequences.
Image quality in all formats is exceptional. The large format 4/3" imager features advanced color separation filter technology to provide natural, yet accurate colors, especially skin tones. Another VariCam technology incorporated in the AG-DVX200 is V-Log, a wide dynamic range, low contrast "gamma" mode that faithfully maintains all 12 stops of the imager's scene content. The DVX200's V-Log L tonal curve matches that of the VariCam 35 V-Log curve, permitting easy mixing and grading of VariCam and DVX200 footage in post, allowing the DVX200 to be used as a "crash cam" on a VariCam shoot.
Recordings are made to affordable high-speed SDXC cards, (UHS-II / UHS-3). Recording formats to choose from include MP4 / MOV for UHD / 4K, high bit rate I frame H.264 (MOV) for FHD, or AVCHD for HD / SD.
- Newly-developed 4/3-type LEICA DICOMAR 4K fixed lens
- Wireless remote control from the AG-ROP app that is available free of charge from the Apple App Store
- V-Log L function equivalent to the V-Log curve provided on the Varicam series supports 12 stops of dynamic range for HDR production
- Variable frame rate capability at full-HD (1920 x 1080) from 2-120fps
- Stunning imagery captured with the LEICA DICOMAR 4K 13x zoom lens and a 28mm wide angle
- 4K engine with high-speed processing on a new LSI
- LEICA DICOMAR 4K lens
- UHD/60p high-resolution recording
- Variable frame rate HD recording at max. 120 fps
- 12 stops of latitude from V-Log L
- High-quality 4K (UHD) 10 bit 4:2:2 image output
- Infrared shooting function
- Newly developed integrated optical 13x zoom lens
- Multi-format/multi-codec recording
- SD memory card U3 standard for 4K acquisition
- High-quality OLED EVF
- 4.3-type touch panel LCD
- LCD/EVF displays that assist shooting