A modular output card for DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switchers. Provides two independent 4K DM 8G+® outputs, plus one HDMI® output in parallel with the first DM 8G+ output. Supports 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR video signals.
The DMC-4KZ-CO-HD is an output card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides two independent DM 8G+® outputs, plus one HDMI® output. The HDMI output carries the same signal as the first DM 8G+ output. Both DM 8G+ outputs are compatible with HDBaseT®. Using a single CAT type twisted pair cable, each DM 8G+ output enables connection to a DM 8G+ receiver, the input of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT certified display device or receiver.
4K60 4:4:4 andHDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia (DM) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” cards and endpoints enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based cards, transmitters, and receivers. The DMC-4KZ-CO-HD is designed to replace an existing DMC-4K-CO-HD or DMC-4K-CO-HD-HDCP2 output card without requiring any extra configuration or programming.
DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. DM 8G+ transports uncompressed Full HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals over distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM ultra cable.
- Modular output card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides two independent 4K DM 8G+® outputs
- HDBaseT® compatible - enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Includes a parallel HDMI® port on the first output
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (high dynamic range) video (HDR10)
- Handles 3D video and deep color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM® ultra-cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230ft (70m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable or 165ft (50m) using CAT5e
- Enables HDMI and HDBaseT device control via CEC
- Supports PoDM and HDBaseT PoE power sourcing
- Occupies a single DM switcher output card slot